Pre Conference Workshop
Monday 9th March 2020 @ The Pearl Resort
“Behaviour Change Agent – learning to cultivate and support health behaviour change”
Who should attend?
Any health professional who is serious about supporting their patients with the skills necessary to adopt long-term health-related behaviour change.
Simply telling our patients what to do as clinicians is insufficent to prompt sustainable behaviour change for the majority of people. Behaviour change is complex and understanding evidence-based strategies to support health-related behaviour change is vital if we are to be successful clinicians in helping our patients adopt long-term health-related behavioural change. This workshop will help equip you will the vital skills necessary to become a successful behaviour change agent!
- Explain the differences between the coach and expert approaches
- Describe the role and practice of mindfulness in health coaching conversations
- Identify types of reflections and their purpose
- Demonstrate open ended inquiry
- Differentiate open/closed inquiry
- Define empathy and compassion and explain their role in health coaching
- Name the benefits of positive emotions to health outcomes and behaviours
- Identify strategies and tools for building positive emotions
- Define autonomous motivation
- Identify and describe ways to support the development of motivation
- Identify strategies for readiness and confidence to change
- Demonstrate use of the decisional balance tool
The cost for this full day workshop is $120 FJD which includes all materials and lunch.
9am to 4:30 pm.